Recreational Vehicles Insurance

Recreational Vehicles

Recreational vehicles are no different from any other investment. They should be insured just like your house or car. These vehicles include motor homes, campers, vans and converted buses. If nothing else, a person should at least consider getting recreational vehicle insurance for replacement cost or damage repair.

Insurance companies classify RVs as follows –

Class A: luxury coaches, converted buses and motor coaches up to 75 feet long.

Class B: vehicles, such as campers and travel trailers without a cab-over.

Class C: standard cargo vans with a driving section, and a camper that extends over the cab.

Insurance companies also consider: miles driven yearly in the RV, if it’s used for living fulltime and the owner’s driving record.

Do You Need RV Insurance?

Any recreational vehicle owner should consider insurance coverage. There are options that allow owners to get the type of coverage that best suits them.

How It Works

Policyholders are protected from excessive costs from loss, bodily injury or property damage. It is up to the policyholder to determine their appropriate policy needs.

Coverage Types

Collision coverage provides pay for repairs when the RV is in an accident. The policy will pay for repairs up to the total replacement cost. Comprehensive coverage pays for damage not caused by a collision. Liability coverage pays for repairs and damages when the policyholder is at fault. And uninsured or underinsured coverage pays for damages when an uninsured or underinsured motorist hits the RV.

It’s worth it to get coverage for an RV, especially one that will be on the road often.